Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Ultra Textures Setting Requires 6GB Of VRAM on PC

September 26, 2014 9

If you plan to play Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor on Ultra settings on the PC, you'd better come prepared. According to NeoGAF user Regret Truth,  Shadow of Mordor 's optional Ultra HD texture pack requires a whopping 6 GB of video RAM in order to run properly. The texture pack is not included in the game but is available as a separate day-one download.

Also, the 6 GB requirement is for 1080p; if you want to go higher, you'll really need some science-fiction level gear in your machine.

This news comes shortly after Bethesda revealed the recommended specs for The Evil Within, which require 4 GB of VRAM and an i7 processor for optimum performance.

Thanks, DSOG.

Related articles

Only registered users may post comments.
Dino Sivić
Dino Sivić | Monday, October 6, 2014 7:51 PM
HD 6850 Power Edition is more than enough to run this at 1080p, high settings. :)
Liviu Vataselu
Liviu Vataselu | Saturday, October 4, 2014 4:44 PM
I love this game i played on my friend :X
Oleg Inozemtsev
Oleg Inozemtsev | Saturday, September 27, 2014 10:26 PM
All this hype, I really hope it will be a decent game.
RaPtUrA
RaPtUrA | Saturday, September 27, 2014 4:34 PM
I have 4GB and thought that would be enough :P
Nitroman
Nitroman | Saturday, September 27, 2014 12:59 PM
And I hoped my GT 9600 ( 1 GB & Directx 9 ) Will run this game . DAMN =( .
Jofel Estrella
Jofel Estrella | Friday, September 26, 2014 10:19 PM
Take a chill pill guys. It says IF you wanna play with ULTRA settings. Most gamers would be fine with high when they have decent GPUs. This is for those gamers who have deep pockets or have parents that have deep pockets or a coin miner rig even. I personally would be satisfied with High settings
RedLath
RedLath | Friday, September 26, 2014 9:58 PM
a little bit waaaaay to much! ;)
I have 2GBVRAM Sli, so I think is more than enough.
Shadowraix
Shadowraix | Friday, September 26, 2014 9:36 PM
I'm always skeptical about games with crazy system requirements. Look at Call of Duty: Ghosts. It recommends a GTX 760 which is only because the game is unoptimized and is full of various performance issues from stuttering to just random FPS drops. And not only does it have issues and ridiculous requirements, but it takes up WAYYY too much HDD space. 20+GB for a shooter like Ghosts? Ridiculous. Games like Skyrim has so much more content and still keep a lower HDD space. 20GB+ I should really only expect on open-world games or massive MMORPGs. I just hope this game doesn't fit the same case that Ghosts did. I want to see games have those requirements due to higher quality and much more content, pushing the boundaries of PC gaming, not because it is unoptimized crap.
dsr07mm
dsr07mm | Friday, September 26, 2014 8:37 PM
What ? Only because of those crazy requirements I will NOT buy anything higher then what I have, and that is GTX770 2GB. I dont care about textures. This is crazy and stupid.